Thursday, April 16, 2009

Auditioning Quilts, Part 2

Back again! We were working on a simulated table runner from the last post and now I'd like to take a look at this design using some Photoshop Elements filters - this gives me a different design perspective. Here is the original:
Let's take a look at this design without color. Click on Filter>Sketch>Chalk and Charcoal. I increased the Charcoal setting to 10 and decreased the Chalk setting to 2 and here is what appeared:I think the squares on point really show up above; I can use that in choosing another color scheme. Next, I used the Filter>Pixellate>Crystallize. I set the cell size to 40 and the results below illustrate the spinning effect of the block.

Last, just for fun I used the Filter>Stylize>Glowing Edges and increased edge width to 3. I think this just looks cool!
What can you do with one block and Photoshop? Try it!

No comments: