Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 14 - 21 Days to Free Motion Quilting Success!


Good afternoon Quilters! I apologize for yesterday's absence - rainy days are getting me down! Here we are again with our quilt sandwiches and I needed sunshine and flowers on this July 2nd! So here we go! I decided on a flower. I came "in "on the left hand side and made the center, giving myself room to come "out" between the previous stitching lines. I added petals around the final flower center. You can go on and add more petals.
I'd like to share this morning's experience with you regarding quilting - I did not have the correct needle/thread combination in my machine this morning and started skipping stitches. I changed things - first tension, then needle, then finally thread and once I changed to a different spool of thread, I fixed the problem. Try to remember to systematically change things and test your changes one at a time, so that you know what the problem is. Needless to say, I threw away the thread!
Happy Quilting! -Kris

No comments: