Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspiration and Results!



Last Monday's post contained a "color inspiration" photo of a Gerbera Daisy. Well - here are the results! This is just a doodle that I made using fabrics in my that represented the colors in the daisy. I used 505 spray on the back of the fabrics that I layered on a piece of Peltex. Then I just "doodled" with variegated thread. It's a coaster for my tea!



I think this is an outstanding way to practice your free motion quilting - do a small piece. Don't try to free motion on a big quilt if you haven't had some practice - you can do it! Give this a try!

This would have been a postcard except that I cut it about 5" square - it needs to be 4" x 6" to be a postcard. Here is a great site with information on fabric postcards here: http://www.sewfunpatterns.com/fabricpostcards.html
Have fun!

-Kris

No comments: