Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome to Quilting at the Poorhouse!

Happy Spring!


Welcome Quilters and Sewists!

I am (finally) diving into the world of blogging and I hope you'll join me! I am a quilt designer from Derry, New Hampshire. You can find my designs at poorhousequiltdesigns.com; stop by and take a look at my new book and patterns! I lean toward quilted bags - I just love to carry around my love for quilting - don't you?

What is the purpose of this blog? I'd like to share my design development (a.k.a. experiments), inspirations, and other quilty snippets with you!

I have just returned from attending a quilting retreat in Manchester NH that was hosted by Stitched in Stone (located at 53 Church Street in scenic Kingston, NH). A good time was had by all! Tammy treated everyone like a quilting queen. We had a lot of laughs! Tammy inspired us with quilt as you go, and dyeing and painting techniques -we all enjoyed the creativity of these techniques. I was able to test drive a new design! I came back to the studio refreshed and ready to create. More from this event coming soon!

On to Color Inspiration of the Week!
I bought this Gerbera Daisy because I could not resist the colors - deep green leaves with red/orange petals and yellow centers...this would make a great bag or quilt or table runner! Stay tuned.....

No comments: