- Look at the photo top left and start with making hills in the middle of your sandwich.
- Without rotating your sandwich, follow around your "hills", with more "hills"(top right)
- Continue around and around your sandwich with these "hills" until it is completely filled (bottom right then bottom left).
Your sample may look like a frilly flower. Again, don't worry too much right now about spacing between hills but instead, try for smooth, consistent motion. Also take a look at what you've done to determine if you need to slow down or speed up your hands (see Day 4).
Tip: I hold my hands about 6" apart and they act as a frame to my work. I complete the work "inside" my hands, stop (needle down), reposition, and start again.
Here is a list of my all-time favorite Machine Quilting Books (they may be at your library):
- Machine Quilting: A Primer of Techniques by Sue Nickels (pub by American Quilters Society)
- Guide to Machine Quilting by Diane Gaudynski (pub by American Quilters Society)
- Easy Machine Quilting edited by Jane Townswick (pub by Rodale Press)
Enjoy the process!! Keep Quilting!