Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sketchbook and Sew and Go - Part 1


As promised, here are two of the Sew and Go totes, done in the Sketchbook Butter colorway. This is a new line from Blank Quilting designed by Yolanda Fundora. As you can see, I adore the green paisley.
If you look closely at the tote on the left, you will see an appliqued monogram. I made the pattern for the applique using MSWord. I printed out the letter in black (Times New Roman Font=48) and cut it out. I then taped it (backwards) to my studio window and traced it onto the fusible backing. I zig-zagged it onto the block using a heavy narrow zig-zag. It's not quite a satin stitch, as I don't like that look.
Tomorrow is the debut of the "21 Days to Free Motion Quilting Comfort" - come back tomorrow to get your first "assignment"!
Until then -
keep quilting!
-Kris

No comments: